The brilliance of Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The brilliance of Amazon

I recently traveled through rural Georgia and saw something that made me finally wake to the sheer size and brilliance of Amazon. I turned onto a backstreet and drove less than a quarter mile when I saw a HUGE sprawling building. The building was clearly new and just screamed innovation. It was an Amazon warehouse. I drove past the building on a Saturday so no one was there which probably made it even more awe-inspiring. This massive building tucked far and away from any large city made me think..."Amazon is taking over the world".

I got my introduction to Amazon the same way most people do, through buying stuff online. I don't think anyone alive can honestly say they saw this coming with Amazon. Maybe not even Jeff Bezos. Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 after leaving his secure Wall Street job and getting a $300,000 loan from his parents. What started out as a simple online bookstore quickly turned into an all-purpose marketplace for any product you can imagine. Over the years Amazon has tried its hand at a number of industries and surprisingly succeeded at most of them. The average consumer has no idea just how many well-known companies Amazon either started from scratch or purchased so here is a snapshot of those company names:

Companies Owned either partially or completely by Amazon:
    • Zappos
    • Whole Foods
    • Ring
    • Twitch
    • Audible
    • IMDB
    • The Washington Post

Amazon Web Services is a MASSIVE hosting service that is used by some of the biggest names online. Here are just a few:
    • Netflix
    • Reddit
    • Pinterest
    • Expedia
    • Ubisoft
    • Etsy
    • Airbnb
    • Adobe
    Is Amazon scatter-brained?

It's easy to look at the wide range of products and services that Amazon offers and assume the company is taking a shotgun approach to business when in reality they are most likely doing with the idea of well-roundedness in mind. If there is one problem Amazon doesn't have to worry about its being under diversified. Could economic slumps affect the company? Not likely. Their overall company structure is such that no at least a few of their businesses will be in high demand even in the midst of a downturn.

What about the planes?

Recently, Amazon has started to give UPS and FedEx a run for their money. Amazon has leased several Boeing planes to effectively cut out the middle man i.e. the older and more established package carriers.

The company currently (2019) has plans to open a hub in Kentucky

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

Facebook Group
    StockTwits Room

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
Working...
X