Platinum Swing Trade Alerts

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Apple stock journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Apple stock journey

First things first...i'm a real estate guy(hence the name) but I have owned AAPL stokc for 23 years.

My first 100 shares were gifted to me by my grandfather as a graduation present(Class of 1997 rocks!)

Against my natural inclination, I actually held on to the shares. Imagine an 18-year-old kid with 100 shares of stock not immediately selling them. I wasn't an astute investor i just didn't really understand how to even sell shares of stock so I sort of forgot about them.

I completely missed the 2000's tech bubble bursting and didn't think much about my stocks or what they might be worth.

Around 2003 I had a friend look up the price for me and we did some basic math. I had made some money!!! I was sort of pissed that I missed the big run-up during the tech bubble but also kind of relieved when I saw that it almost crash.

By 2005 I had a decent job and I was able to buy a handful of shares with each biweekly paycheck. I would usually buy 5 to 10 shares after each paycheck and just hold them. My "portfolio" was non-existent because AAPL was my only holding.

I didn't bother to diversify because AAPL had been so good to me for so many years. Today I own 2791 shares with an average price of 55.40. I definitely took the Warren Buffett approach to stocks and it paid off. Slow and steady worked for me in stocks but I actually prefer fast flips in the real estate market.

Anyway, that's my apple story. I have purchased other stocks over the years with varying degrees of success. None have come close to the performance of my beautiful apple.

That's an amazing story flipperman!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
    X