3 Best Recession Proof Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Best Recession Proof Stocks

When investing it's important to seek out stocks that have the best chance of withstanding economic downturns. In this article, I will outline three of those stocks. I have been trading and investing in stocks for over a decade and I've seen ups, downs, and sideways. I was present during the 2008 financial crisis and it made me wonder which stocks if any held up during that time period. After pouring over hundreds of stocks charts I came up with these three stocks:

1. McDonald's (Investor Relations)

McDonald's (MCD) stock has always been a safe haven in the market mainly because of its price point. McDonald's sells low priced foods that people can always afford no matter what the economy is doing. Their stock held strong during the 2008 crisis. Even if you can't afford to do anything else you can definitely afford a couple of McDoubles or Mcchickens off the dollar menu. Beyond that, McDonald's has always been a well-run company with solid fundamentals.

2. Walmart (Investor Relations)

Walmart (WMT) is another stock that is usually spared from economic downturns because of the price point of the goods they sell. There are Walmartws everywhere. Low, middle, and upper-class Americans shop at Walmart. As you can see from the chart below, Walmart actually rose significantly during 2008. How many other companies can say that?

3. Church & Dwight (Investor Relations)

Church & Dwight is my favorite recession-proof stock. Most investors have never heard of it but every American has used their products. Some of the brands they produce are OxyClean, Arm & Hammer, Nair, and 1st Response pregnancy tests. In other words, they make products that you will always need and always find a way to pay for regardless of your financial situation. This stock has been featured in our 10-Buck Broker newsletter and produced a 461% return for subscribers the first time we recommended it.

In conclusion, when looking for recession-proof stocks always look for stocks that held up in previous economic downturns, sell a product or service that people always need, and have a low price-point.

Investing doesn't have to be scary or difficult if you just approach it logically and use critical thinking skills.

Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

College is DEAD...click here to read more about the college scam!

Good KARMA and positive energy abound.

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
    Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
    Best stocks to buy now
    Dow Jones TodayDJIA

Thanks for this post. With everything going on now this article is particularly intriguing

Comment

Working...
    X