Platinum Swing Trade Alerts

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Market For Beginners - Learning The Ropes Without Losing Your Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Market For Beginners - Learning The Ropes Without Losing Your Shirt

Stock market for beginners is just one article. It is not a complete stock market education. You will need to learn a lot more than anyone can tell you in a 500 word article before you put your hard-earned money at risk in the stock market.

What I'm going to do is just hit the highlights.

If you remember these things, your trading capital will be better protected.

Use limit orders. Avoid placing market orders until you have enough experience to anticipate the market makers' responses.
    Place your stock trades online during market hours (9:30-4:00 Eastern Time, Monday-Friday). Do not call your brokerage just to place an order unless you want to pay 3-4 times the trading fees. Do not place orders after hours for the same reason.
    Take only long trades for now; it's simpler. Shorting stocks is a little more complicated than just executing long trades in reverse.
    Finally, stock market for beginners' most important rule: Always trade with the trend, never against it.
    The trend is nothing more than the general direction of the market as a whole, or that of a particular equity. You can easily find out which way a stock is trending by simply looking at a chart. One you open an online trading account you'll have access to their interactive charting software. Until then, there are several websites that offer free stock charts. I use the ones on http://www.Zacks.com when I don't feel like logging in to my account.

Since you're running with the bulls right now, trading with the trend means that you will only open a new position if the stock you want to buy is in an uptrend and the market (as determined by a chart of the S&P--symbol SPX)is also in an uptrend. If either your stock or the overall market is headed down, stand aside.

Profitable trading requires patience. One of the most common mistakes stock market beginners make is they take too many trades. Trades a more experienced trader would have let go.

Losing trades.
    I know you're excited to begin making fast money in the markets. I also know that, over time, your returns will be greater if you wait for the right set up before entering a position. Yes, you can sometimes make 20% in two weeks. What the "make money quick" people don't ever seem to mention is that you can wait three months for that 20% gain opportunity to come along.

With time, knowledge, and patience; today's beginner can become tomorrow's stock market winner.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3023109
    Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
    Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
    Best stocks to buy now
    Dow Jones TodayDJIA
Working...
X