Platinum Swing Trade Alerts

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The restaurant industry is doomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The restaurant industry is doomed

I’ve had this prediction swirling in my mind for some time now but Ive finally decided to make it official.

Before I get too deep in I want to give a bit of my background so you’ll know I have some experience in the field. I worked in the restaurant industry for years. I’ve cooked in bars, country clubs, delis, and even a bowling alley. I even attended culinary arts school. I know a thing or two about food.

The bottom line is there are too many restaurants. There is too much competition. I live near a mall where of course there are a lot of restaurants surrounding it. Bars, seafood, family places, etc. The restaurants in that area are in so much competition that they are always opening and closing. The restaurants are all big chains but they still can’t hack it.

You can only eat at one restaurant at a time so what happens when you have 200 restaurants in a 5 mile radius to choose from? You pick ONE and the others don’t get your money.

Look at the following:

Pizza chains:
    Papa Johns
    Little Ceasars
    Pizza Hut
    Riverside
    Jet’s
    Marco’s
    Mellow Mushroom
    California Pizza Kitchen
    CiCi’s Pizza
    Stevie B’s

How many ways can you do bread, sauce, cheese, and meat?

Deli chains:
    Subway
    Blimpie
    Quizno’s
    Newk’s
    Jersey Mike’s
    Firehouse
    Lenny’s Sub Shop
    Schlotzsky’s
    McAlister’s
    Jimmy John’s
    Jason's Deli

How many ways can you make a sandwich?

Burger chains:
    Johnny Rocket’s
    Fuddrucker's
    Five Guys
    Burger King
    McDonald’s
    Wendy’s
    Hardee’s
    Dairy Queen
    White Castle
    In N’ Out
    Red Robin
    Shake Shack
    Steak N’ Shake
    Checker’s
    Big Boy’s
    Smashburger
    Krystal’s

Family Restaurant's
    Applebee’s
    Chili’s
    Outback
    Longhorn
    Taco Mac
    Buffalo Wild Wing’s
    Denny’s
    IHOP
    ****ey’s BBQ
    Hard Rock Cafe
    Hooter’s
    Joe’s Crab Shake
    Logans Roadhouse
    O'charley's
    Olive Garden
    Cheesecake Factory
    Pappadeaux
    PF Chang
    Ruby Tuesday
    Red Lobster
    Sizzler
    Texas Roadhouse
    Ted’s Montana Grill

How many ways can you do a family restaurant?

That is just a list of major chains. I made no mention of the small mom and pop restaurants with only local or regional recognition. They also add to the problem.

My point is, all of these restaurants do the same thing. They cook food. When you work in a restaurant you realize there are only so many ways you can cook food. After a while you realize it's all the same stuff.

I believe we’re about to witness a lot of chains scaling back and not opening more new locations. Instead they are going to focus on what they have. The restaurant scene is dangerously overcrowded and a scary correction is coming. The restaurant industry accounts for 10% of the total US workforce employing 14.4 million people. Source. If the restaurant industry goes down, the economy as a whole goes with it.

How to play this forecast:

Find a basket of restaurant stocks in ETF's like these:

PEJ
    PBJ

Wait for a break in the uptrend to happen and jump on for the big short.
    Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Good KARMA and positive energy abound.

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
    Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
    Best stocks to buy now
    Dow Jones TodayDJIA

Couldn't agree more. Its literally all the same ****.You'll see restaurants completely empty and they keep opening more.

Comment

Proof positive!

Subway to close 500 restaurants across the US

Subway Restaurants is projecting it will shutter roughly 500 locations across the U.S. as it expands the sandwich brand globally.

The chain closed more than 800 of its stores last year, which followed a smaller pullback in 2016. In turn, Subway expects to add more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including in Mexico, the United Kingdom, China and India.
      Some will say its because of an inferior brand, bad customer service, blah blah blah.

Its because there are too many restaurants...

Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Good KARMA and positive energy abound.

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
      Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
      Best stocks to buy now
      Dow Jones TodayDJIA

Comment

Working...
      X