This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10K or 100K

Would you prefer to make ten thousand dollars per year or one hundred thousand per year?

What if I told you there is no difference between the two! Of course, there is an actual difference in the amount but what I mean is that people at both income levels live basically the same lives.

In this article, I'm going to touch on the most widely believed myth known to man. The myth that making a little extra money is going to change your life.
    The myth is as old as dirt and has been perpetuated for longer than anyone can remember. We've all at some point heard someone complain about their job, not making enough, or not being able to pay their bills. The solution they always come up with is to get a better paying job.
    Its a poorly thought out solution for a couple of reasons. For the majority of this article, I'm going to list and explain those reasons. Let's start with the main reason why making a little more money won't solve your problems.

Robert Kiyosaki is the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad. Its a book on finance, success, and life. It has sold millions of copies worldwide. One of my favorite parts of the book reveals how people completely screw up their pay raises at work. He states that people's spending habits increase as soon as they start to make more money, in essence, putting them back in the same boat they were in before the pay raise. Let's say Joe Public works a job where he makes $10K per year. He drives a 15-year-old Toyota and rents an apartment with a few friends, paying $400 a month. He often complains about his living situation claiming that he doesn't make enough to live off of and that everything would be better if he only made more money. One day Joe gets a miracle pay raise and starts making $100K per year. He immediately leases a BMW for $1100 a month and mortgages a house for $1000 a month. That instantly gives him a 25 thousand dollar yearly nut he has to cover just for those two things. As soon as he got a raise his spending went up. He'll soon start to overspend on other things as well and before you know it he's complaining again about not having enough money to live. If you came from a middle or lower class family then chances are you were told to try and get a good paying job. No one ever told you to get rich, just get a good paying job. Why?

The second point I want to touch on is the concept of "good money". Everyone has heard the words "good money" uttered before. Example: "My sister works as a sous chef, she makes good money". That person's sister makes $65K per year. The average person would consider that "good money". That is not good money. That is a job that pays you a check just like every other job. Most people's idea of "good money" is comical. There are actual wealthy people that would laugh if they heard someone say $65K is good money. Only the truly informed know that you can't consider your income "good" until it starts to at least poke into the millions. Either your boss or your bosses boss makes good money. You go to work every day and think you're hot **** because you make enough money to have all the premium cable channels. If you go past what most people consider "good money" you'll experience true freedom and happiness. Guess what happens when you go from making 10K to 100K...Nothing. You still have to work for someone. You still can't just get up and do what you want when you want. You still have to answer to someone and please your higher-ups. **** that. The rich don't have to do any of that. If you go from making 10K a year to 100K a year then you need to go from 100K to 1million and so on.

The one concession I'm willing to make in this article is for the self-employed. If you make $10K per year working for yourself then more power to you. **** the money if you have freedom!

The moral of this story is think BIG. Everyone has heard the saying "think big". It's not just a nonsensical, cliche statement. It really does mean something. Its a self-explanatory call to action. For god's sake stop looking to achieve mediocre things. Stop thinking of a promotion at work as a goal. It's not. That's the way poor people think. The financially well-off didn't get to where they are by getting promoted to supervisor at their job. Go big or go home. Stop making those small steps that everyone makes thinking your life will be drastically different because of them.

Platinum Swing Trade Alerts (FREE 14-Day Trial)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

Facebook Group
    StockTwits Room

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.

THIS.

great article

Comment

Damn straight. I never felt much difference between 10K and 100K but the year I cleared $460K was a game-changer. You REALLY look at the world differently at those levels.

Comment

Originally posted by HitAndRun1770 View Post
        Damn straight. I never felt much difference between 10K and 100K but the year I cleared $460K was a game-changer. You REALLY look at the world differently at those levels.
        WOW...i can't imagine making that much in a year. SHEESH!!! MAybe i'll be there one day

Comment

Think big or get left behind

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X