Platinum Swing Trade Alerts

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropshipping 101

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropshipping 101

In this topic, i'm going to give a FULL rundown on what dropshipping is and how you can start doing it right now.

Before I started dropshipping I had heard of it or years but never really cared to delve into it. If I had known the amazing profit potential of it I would have started it YEARS ago. I absolutely love it because it gives me something useful to do while I'm waiting for my trades to turn a profit. I mostly swing trade so it's not a time-consuming task.

What is dropshipping?
    Dropshipping is an extremely simple concept. You find a product to sell online and list it on eBay, Amazon, or your own online store but you list it for higher than it costs you in the first place. Pretty standard business stuff but the hitch is that most people including me drop ship items that we find at retail price and mark it up. A bit of retail arbitrage if you will. Once a person buys your product you buy it from the original retailer and have it shipped to the person who bought it from you

Simple example: Find a lawnmower for $279 on Amazon and list it on eBay for $399. Joe Blow buys the lawnmower from you on eBay and pays you $399. You buy it on Amazon and have it shipped to Joe Blow and keep the difference.

For the sake of simplicity, we'll say your profit would be $119. In reality, your profit would be less than that due to eBay and PayPal fees and of course shipping and tax. You would still walk away with a tidy profit and it only takes the time to fill out the order form to have it ship it to your customer.

I started dropshipping after a random youtube video piqued my interest. I listed a few items on eBay and then started using a dropshipping software and within a week I had turned a $600 profit. It was pretty cool. Of course, I then went absolutely crazy with it and listed a lot more products for sale. It's pretty cool when you start to have five to ten orders per day all generating at least $500/day.

You can use eBay or Amazon for your dropshipping "store" or start an online store using software like
    Shopify. I prefer eBay.

Pro Tips:

ALWAYS list high priced items: Higher priced items give you a better chance of making big bucks and way faster. If you list little penny any things for a $5 profit you'll never make any real money. BUT, if you list sofas you can make $150 profit on one sale. Try furniture, lawn equipment, musical instruments, etc.

Be careful with over-sized items: Over-sized items are shipped by freight trucks so they need to be scheduled for delivery. The problem with this is that you are not the recipient of the shipment. Your customer is. You have to contact the buyer and set up a good time to receive it. Also, returns are damn near impossible on items that large. It's just a hassle. If you don't believe me go ahead and list some 3 piece furniture sets and see what happens.

The way I have found to combat this is to look at the buyer's contact information in your PayPal account and snatch up their phone number. Use that phone number when you're buying the product. You will be asked to provide a phone number for the shipment. Use the buyer's phone number instead of your own.

These are two great tools for dropshipping:

Easync
    Black Lister

ALWAYS make buyers pay instantly: If you choose to go the eBay route make sure you add an immediate payment clause to every listing. If you don't you'll get a ton of fake orders from people who are trying to get you to ship an item to them without having paid for anything.

Be a problem solver: When you dropship you have to deal with a lot of problems like unfulfillable orders, returns, etc. If you aren't a problem solver this won't work for you. Just like Wall Street.

I once had a listing for prepaid phones and a buyer bought 10 of them at one time. Amazon only had 8 in stock so I had to scramble around the internet and find another two to ship to my customer. I found the other two elsewhere and everything was fine. Most people can't do that. You put one hurdle in front of people and they are paralyzed. A small percentage of the population will spring into action as soon as a problem appears.

If you've been around in the world of drop shipping for any amount of time you've probably heard of virtual assistants.

If you haven't then I will give a brief rundown of what a virtual assistant is.

Virtual assistants are people that work for you that you never actually meet. Oftentimes they work from a remote location nowhere near you.

They can be utilized for fulfilling orders, listing, and customer service. When you have grown to a larger scale operation you will definitely require virtual assistants.

I will add that you DO NOT need VA's until your store has started to become significantly profitable and is getting too big to handle on your own.

Most dropshippers use Filipino virtual assistants simply because they are affordable and reliable.

If you are looking to hire a virtual assistant or two you can check out OnlineJobs.ph
    Here's a video from one of the biggest names in the dropshipping world, Marc Augustine. He has a YouTube channel FULL of videos on dropshipping.

Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
    Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
    Best stocks to buy now
    Dow Jones TodayDJIA

I have used almost every dropshipping software on the market and in my opinion black lister is the best. Very easy to use

Comment

I'm currently using pricematik. No complaints so far. The auto order thing is even pretty decent

Comment

Which platform is truly better for dropshipping?? Amazon or eBay?

Comment

Originally posted by KDcain View Post
          Which platform is truly better for dropshipping?? Amazon or eBay?
          ebay is easier to get initial sales with but also more of a hassle than Amazon

Amazon is more difficult to get started with but ultimately a better long term choice
          Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
          Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
          Best stocks to buy now
          Dow Jones TodayDJIA

Comment

My uncle is an art drop shipper. I guess he does pretty well with it. He always picks up the check when we all go out to eat LOL

Comment

Working...
            X