As a Forex Trader, I find this market impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Forex Trader, I find this market impossible

Is there anyone out there actually making money at these markets without some kind of algo? I find the lack of liquidity perplexing to say the least. The sudden drops and pops out of nowhere make trading the futures markets difficult for me. However, I don't like to admit defeat - although I have blown several of these 'combines' trying to get it right.

I blew up again today - but am up 3% in my live Forex account. Has anyone here made the jump from FX to futures? If so, what was it that helped? I use to believe that technical analysis can help.....but it doesn't in these markets from what I have seen - at least not on the short-term charts - which is all you can typically afford in real life with the nasty leverage. Also, the lack of scalbility is an issue. (You can only double, triple, etc your size instead of adding 10 percent like FX)

Any thoughts?

Sounds like you aren't capitalized for futures. If you're risking more than 1% of your account per trade you're not trading with the odds in your favor. You should never "blow up".

You're making excuses in your post. Futures scale just fine with proper account size. Assuming you're doing consistently well in Forex you need to consider account size.

Comment

Forex can be a rough animal that's for sure. I prefer stocks and commodities because they're a little easier to tackle from a fundamental standpoint

Comment

Originally posted by DavidDtrepp View Post
        Forex can be a rough animal that's for sure. I prefer stocks and commodities because they're a little easier to tackle from a fundamental standpoint
        FX can be a lot more profitable though. The leverage is incredible in forex

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X