Platinum Swing Trade Alerts

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forex Trend Following - The Basics For Making Big Profits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex Trend Following - The Basics For Making Big Profits

Forex trend following can be very lucrative as for the technical trader forex markets offer some great long term trends and profits for those who trend follow correctly.

Lets look at the basics of forex trend following.

Trend following means longer term

Before we start we are going to look at long term trend following and this means catching trends that last for weeks or months.

Were not interested in day trading here, the odds are against you doing this and short term moves are random so don't try it - you will lose your money.

Spotting the trend

For forex trend following start with the weekly chart this will give you the big picture and you can spot trends that last for weeks months or years here.

Next move to the daily chart and try and spot support and resistance that is on both charts. The weekly chart gives you the big picture and the daily gives you entry levels.

Methods for trend following

Perhaps the best place to start is with a breakout method.

It's a fact that most major currency moves start from new highs and the advantage of a breakout method is that you can trade with confirmation of a trend in motion.

We have written about breakout methods in other articles simply look them up, there is not enough room here to explain in detail.

You can use just charts but we like to use a couple of timing indicators to judge the strength of the breakout and for this look no further than the stochastic indicator which is the ultimate timing indicator in our view.

It's available free on internet charting services and is easy to understand and apply.

Be very selective

Don't trade just for the sake of trading.

In forex trend following the big moves only come a few times a year so wait for them.

It's these trades that make the big profits, so be patient.

Money management.

A breakout method makes money management fairly easy.

Breakouts are either false and fail quickly, or you get a strong trending move.

When setting stops in long term trend following, don't trail it to quickly to lock in profits.

Your looking to hold these trades for weeks or even months, so be prepared to suffer the emotions of seeing large dips in open equity and keep the bigger picture in mind.

If you are new to trading long term forex trend following is a good way to start.

If you get it right you can make some really big profits and that after all is the aim of all forex traders.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/468259
    Platinum Swing Trade Stock Alerts(FREE 14-Day Trial)

The 10-Buck Broker (Long-Term Stock Picks)

Best Stock Picking Services

Best FOREX Signals Software

Stock Market Investing For Beginners

"Step into the arena and hold on to your hat. Don't get discouraged if you don't make 8 trillion dollars in your first month. Trading is not a get rich quick scheme. Realize that trading is a skill and just like any other skill it takes time to learn. Have convictions in your decisions in life and trading. Ignore the comments and "advice" of those that have never traded a day in their life."

Terms Of Service

Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.

Promoted content: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this website and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent websites. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.
    Best stocks to buy now Stock Market
    Best stocks to buy now
    Dow Jones TodayDJIA

Analysts will likewise distribute desires for news releases like NFP. These are significant in light of the fact that the market has likely priced in the desires. On the off chance that the desires are met, at that point traders ought not anticipate excessively enormous of a move. On the other hand , in the event that the announcement is path outside of desires, at that point there could be an enormous move. You can discover desires and up and coming news announcements on our economic schedule.

Comment

I think most of the traders fail because of their wrong choice of brokers. Though you have a lot of knowledge about forex, a wrong broker can put you in danger. I am trading for a long time. In the very beginning, I faced so many problems to choose my broker. I was searching for an advisor who can suggest me a good broker. I found AtoZ Markets. They help me to choose my broker by their brokers' review. From there, I compared a lot of brokers an choose the best one.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X